Wednesday 26 May 2010

A BIT OF RETROSPECTIVE

Can't believe the year is coming to an end already! Time goes quickly when you're having fun I guess. It's been an interesting and diverse experience, I tried to experience as many different areas of design as poss as I wasn't really sure what I'm good at. Initially I was really into branding design but it's really intense work if you wanna come up with something amazing. I still love it though. I tried things I usually wouldn't go for such as catalogue/brochure design and I found it quite relaxing in comparison to intense branding. I do need to improve my knowledge of grids and layout in general, this is one thing I'm gonna focus on next. I have also established that I am more of a crafty designer closer to being an illustrator rather than clean cut Swiss style typographer. This what I figured so far but I would like to try designing some more clean/minimal style in the future. I would also like to spend as much time as I can in the printing studio in the future as it's such and amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment