Saturday 31 October 2009

COLLAGE PARTY

My mates run a pub up in Crouch End and they were celebrating its 3rd birthday last Sat. I thought I might use this opportunity to try out something interesting.

That Sat I spent hours cutting out words and images that I found interesting, provocative, humorous,...I did this because I wanted to have certain control over the collages since I was not the one that would be creating them (also because the guys at the pub would kill me for all the mess we'd make with the cut outs ; )).

When finished I have put them into two separate bags and took them down to the pub. I put a sheet of white paper on the blackboard and asked people to choose a word and an image out of the bag and create something interesting and possibly meaningful. I was surprised how much people got involved, some gave it a serious thought others reacted really instinctively (as the night progressed they were becoming increasingly silly and random but they made us all laugh, big time).

Some people were reluctant at first but when they've seen how much fun everyone else is having, they joined in as well. I did not restrict them with any themes as I thought the place and time were not appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment