Tuesday 27 October 2009

SUMMER 2009

These are the two designs that I've created during my summer holidays. Very clear visions just popped into my head and were executed pretty quickly.

















The designs had to be created based on advice quotes from previous Fda students.
"Relax, keep your mind open" seemed pretty cool to me so I imagined this guy meditating. The idea isn't something groundbreaking but I mainly wanted to play around with watercolours and hand drawn images in combination with digital images. I also experimented with Photoshop's blending options. I have payed attention to what kind of colours and elements I used as I wanted to create a relaxing, esoteric atmosphere. The image should express the message on a very instinctive level even without the use of words. The text was added in Indesign.





















"step out of your comfort zone, be different" was the second advice I have chosen. I just wanted to be really simple with the message. I don't think there is much more needed to understand it.
I guess it was a bit influenced by Bauhaus art/design movement whose artists used lots of simplified forms and believed that function should dictate the form.
The old paper look is there to make it look like a page out of an old manual as the design has some informative qualities. The typeface I have chosen supports the message "be different" as the letter "n" is flipped around.

No comments:

Post a Comment