Monday 26 October 2009

TYPO WORKSHOP OCT 2009





















This course is so cool! Every day something new, I am really impressed how much they make us think in loads of different ways.
This was a typo workshop, we needed to play around with type first and do a few examples of how we'd present the difference between certain typefaces to someone that is completely new to the subject.
I reacted really instinctively and created a few examples of my observations.
In the first image we have sans serif and serif "Q" and this is just one way of how I would present the difference, somehow connected but not completely. Also I found it visually pleasing.
In the second image I realized how interesting are capital "Ws". The image speaks for itself.
In the third image I wanted to present how round are the shapes of classical serifs and how geometrical are the sans serifs. It does not apply to all serifs and sans serifs but that was a definite difference between given examples.
In the third image I wanted to present the feel of typefaces, the illustrative side of them. Script typeface has a nice flow while sans serif is more stable and static. It almost seems you could draw a certain musical rhythm with different typefaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment