Saturday 28 November 2009

100 COLLAGES: WELCOME TO COLLAGE LAND

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )
I am finally coming to the bottom of 100 collages. Needless to say, 100 is a fair bit but the process is highly enjoyable (well, most of the time). I have realized that some days I just wanna do as many as possible without considering them too much and some other days I wanna create something beautiful. Also, some days the creation of them flows better than others as it seems that you need to be a bit RANDOM with the whole thing. I am not going to mention the mess my house was in during the process, quite sincerely, I have turned it into Collage land (if seen by cleaning freak=nervous breakdown guaranteed ; )).



































At some point the situation got so bad that everything was covered in newspapers, mags and cut-outs. Here is an example of re-discovered f-flop...








my desk...











...has turned into one big collage!
how cool is that?!










I would also like to mention that I have experimented with different ways of working during the whole time. At the beginning I just went through newspapers and mags and cut out things that had potential. After doing this for a while the collages got a bit boring so I searched for colour paper, different materials, etc. to make them more appealing. Also, at the beginning I caught myself doing the same mistake that we all did at the collage making workshop with Darren - I over crammed the space. As a result there are too many things happening and there was no focus. I have later payed more attention to it and collages started looking more beautiful, clean and focused on particular thing. I also tried to separate text and image cut-outs into 2 bags but the best technique has proven to be separating text and images on my desk and then standing up and seeing possible combinations. I still have a week to go before the hand out so I'm probably going to try to make some more and then choose the best ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment